Technical, Relevant, Practical
This year’s state technical conference aligns the technical analysis of SMSF legislation and regulation with the real-life client scenarios that we as practitioners face on a day-to-day basis. Led by our storyteller, Scott Hay-Bartlem, we will explore the story of SMSF clients, John and Jenny, as their lives and SMSF journey unfolds. Through detailed technical examination we will:
• Learn how the trust deed impacts on different financial choices and how to identify if there might be a problem
• Consider how the most recent legislative changes and announcements impact on SMSFs
• Learn the most successful contributions strategies for 2016 and beyond
• Plan borrowing arrangements to help support retirement saving goals
• Analyse non-arm’s length income rules and how problems can be avoided
• Explore pension strategies
• Apply a robust and unequivocal estate plan that protects your trustees’ wishes into the future
Each session will examine the technical aspects and will reflect on how it applies to John and Jenny’s goals to help the application of the technical concepts come to life.
Designed with the professional practitioner in mind you can up your technical game by joining us for the 12th annual State Technical Conference. With content based directly on our professional member feedback, training needs and topic requests, we have designed a program specifically with the SMSF practitioner in mind. The conference is full of practically applicable content and detailed investigation of technical issues, brought to life by comprehensive client scenarios. Join us and other like-minded professionals to participate in advanced SMSF analysis and build your network with others equally committed to being at the top of our sector.
‘A very professionally run day with excellent speakers. My first SMSF Association event – most impressed’
‘Absolutely top notch conference, with top line speakers and terrific content. Thoroughly enjoyable.’
‘We never want to be away from the office, but I left the day thinking that this was a worthwhile investment in time and money. Thank you.’
*Conference content has been designed for SMSF practitioners who provide advice and/or SMSF related services. Given the level at which the content of the conference program is delivered, the conference is not appropriate for SMSF Trustees.